|Content:||ReFlex Upright Refrigeration Cartridge Removal|
|Bulletin No:||LAB80196 R|
|Revision:||1 (Current version of this bulletin)|
Follow the instructions below to remove the refrigeration cartridge from a ReFlex upright cabinet.
The cartridge is heavy and requires a minimum of two people to lift from the cabinet. Steps or a platform about one metre high are suggested to allow the cartridge to be safely lifted, carried and put down at waist height.
Note: The electronic controller is matched to the cabinet, and must be left with the cabinet when exchanging the cartridge. Replacement spare part cartridges are not supplied with an electronic controller.
Screwdriver - Phillips head | Steps or a platform about one metre high
Cutting pliers or snips | Cable ties - for refitting cartridge
1. Unplug the cabinet from the power supply, and if necessary, cut the cable tie from the back grille to release the power cord. Note: On Combo models (2 × cartridges), unplug the cabinet from the mains supply, then unplug the cartridge supply from the junction box between the two cartridges.
2. Open the door/s and unscrew the front panel - (Phillips head screwdriver): Two screws on the bottom edge of the panel.
3. Swing the front panel up and tape/restrain safely in place.
4. Photograph wiring setup for future reference when refitting the cartridge.
5. Unplug the electrical cables from the cabinet as detailed (see picture over page). Note: It may be necessary to cut cable ties to access and release cables:
6. Move to the back of the cabinet, unscrew and remove the rear grille.
7. Unscrew the cartridge from the top of the cabinet: One screw at the back and one on each side.
8. The cartridge may now be removed from the cabinet.
9. Reverse the steps above to refit the cartridge. When refitting, ensure: