Last updated: 14 April 2022
The Promoter is SKOPE Industries Limited, 57 Princess Street, Riccarton, Christchurch 8041, New Zealand (Postal Address: PO Box 1091).
1. Information and instructions about this promotion form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participating in this promotion, the claimant will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and agreed to be contractually bound by them. Offer not valid in conjunction with any other offer, unless otherwise advised.
2. Promotion only open to Australian and New Zealand Residents aged 18 years or over.
3. To be eligible to claim an extended warranty, an eligible individual must purchase one of the selected products from the following ranges Backbar, Backbar X, Counterline, EziCore, Food Display, Glass Chiller, Open Deck, Pegasus, ReFlex, Serene, and VFX models. The following ranges and models are not eligible for the extended warranty promotion: ActiveCore, Centaur, Irinox, ITV, and ProSpec, BME1200N-A, TME1000N-A, TME650N-A, BME600N-A, BME1500N-A, and TME1500N-A. Second hand, damaged, ex-lease, custom made products, and products acquired on short-term rental are not included in the promotion. It also excludes SKOPE corporate customers and/or franchisor customers who have direct supply agreements or ex-factory pricing.
4. To activate the extended warranty, eligible claimants must go to https://www.skope.com/skope-resources/skope-warranty-protection/register-extended. Claimants are to complete the online registration form and follow the instructions to submit the completed online registration form electronically to the Promoter. The Promoter will only accept extended warranty activation claims received from claimants on or before 11:59pm NZST 30 June 2022 with delivery shortly thereafter, in relation to an Eligible Product purchased during the Promotion Period. The Promoter reserves the right to extend the Promotion Period, or the deadline for making extended warranty activation claims.
5. The information that must be provided by claimants on the online registration form includes: (a) personal and contact details, including full name, phone number, email address, and cabinet location address; (b) the unique serial number for the Eligible Product; (c) the date purchased; and (d) the name of the stockist the Eligible Product was purchased from.
6. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the claimant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows a claimant to automatically claim repeatedly is prohibited and will render all claims submitted by that claimant invalid.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of warranty activation claims and reserves the right to disqualify any claimant who the Promoter reasonably believes may have tampered with the claim process or submitted a claim which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
8. In the event that an Eligible Product is replaced with another Eligible Product by the participating dealer/retailer, no claim may be made in respect of the replacement Product.
10. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any claimant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
11. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act or Fair-Trading Act in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees, and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
12. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any warranty activation claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these Terms and Conditions please contact us.