Last updated: 1 February 2021
The Promoter is SKOPE Industries Ltd ABN 73 374 418 306 / NZBN 9429031991544 of 57 Princess Street, Riccarton, Christchurch 8041, New Zealand.
1. Information on how to enter and the Prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to registered businesses of Australia (ABN) and New Zealand (NZBN) only who agree to accept the Prize (in full) on the terms and conditions outlined herein if selected as the winner (Eligible Entrants).
3. Employees (including their immediate families) of the Promoter, each of its related entities and Participating Stores (defined below) and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences at 12:01AM (NZST) on 1/02/2021 and closes at 11:59PM (NZST) on 30/04/2021 (Promotion Period).
5. To enter the promotion, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period do each of the following:
(a)Purchase a natural refrigerant product (Eligible Product) from one of the Promotor’s approved stockists listed at https://www.skope.com/contact-us/stockists/ (Participating Stores) and ensure to receive a tax invoice at the time of purchase (Qualifying Transaction); AND
(b)Register their entry at https://www.skope.com/promotions/win50k/enter (Website) by submitting the online entry form in the manner required. Eligible Entrants must provide all information required to enter the promotion, which may include, but is not limited to, their full name, ABN or NZBN (as applicable), registered business address, current and valid email address, contact telephone number and mobile telephone number, the unique serial number of the Eligible Product and the date of purchase of the Eligible Product and the Participating Store where the transaction was made. Eligible Entrants must also upload a copy of their tax invoices(s) receipt for a Qualifying Transaction.
6. Entries are strictly limited to one per each Eligible Product purchased in a Qualifying Transaction. Synthetic refrigerant models, clearance, custom-made or second-hand products are not eligible for the promotion (Ineligible Products).
7. Eligible Entrants must retain their original tax invoice(s) for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the tax invoice(s) when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of an Eligible Entrant's entry and forfeiture of any right to the Prize. Tax Invoice(s) must clearly specify that the purchase was made from a Participating Store during the Promotion Period, but prior to the time of entry.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity and supplied information) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
9. Incomplete, indecipherable, or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
10. Entries for Ineligible Products will be deemed invalid.
11. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Eligible Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Eligible Entrant.
12. If an Eligible Entrant returns an Eligible Product after submitting an entry, the entry may be deemed invalid at the Promoter's sole discretion.
13. If Eligible Entrant enters using multiple aliases, that Eligible Entrant may be disqualified.
14. The Promoter is not liable for entries, Prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
15.If the promotion cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the promotion or disqualify affected entries/ Eligible Entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
16. All valid entries received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period will be entered into a draw. The draw will be held at 10:00am NZST on 28 May 2021 at 57 Princess Street, Christchurch New Zealand, in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries in the draw and record them (in order) in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn or if any Eligible Entrant drawn is unable to accept or declines to participate in a Prize, in which event the Promoter will award the Prize to the first reserve entry drawn and will continue this process until the Prize is awarded.
17. The first valid entry randomly drawn, from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period, will win AU$50,000 cash (or the NZD equivalent current on the day of the draw if the winner is a resident of New Zealand) (Prize).
18. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Prize will be provided to the winner by electronic funds transfer to an Australian or New Zealand bank account nominated by the winner in writing. Bank account details will be requested from the winner after the winner has received notification that they have won the Prize.
20. The total prize pool is worth AU$50,000. The Prize must be taken in full and as offered. The Prize is not transferrable or exchangeable. The Prize is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
21. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing within 72 hours after the draw and the winner's name, ABN or NZBN (as applicable), suburb/state/territory/country of registration and relevant Participating Store will be published on the Website for at least 28 days.
22. Eligible Entrants agree that the Promoter may, in the event they are a winner, publish their name and locality in any media, as required under the relevant Australian State or Territory or New Zealand lottery legislation. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to notify the winner.
23.The winner must claim the Prize by 11:59pm NZST on 25 June 2021 or the Prize will be forfeited.
24. In the event that the Prize is unclaimed, the Promoter will hold an unclaimed prize draw at 10:00am NZST on 3 July 2021 at 57 Princess Street, Christchurch, New Zealand in order to award the Prize if unclaimed by that date, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority (Unclaimed Prize Draw). The winner of the Unclaimed Prize Draw (if any) will be notified by phone and in writing within 72 hours after the Unclaimed Prize Draw and the winner's first name, ABN or NZBN (as applicable), suburb/state/territory/country of registration and relevant Participating Store will be published on the Website for at least 28 days.
25. If for any reason the winner does not redeem the Prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize will be forfeited.
26. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any delay and/or error in the delivery of the Prize by means of electronic funds transfer which is outside of the Promoter's control.
27. The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from any Eligible Entrant winning the Prize. All Eligible Entrants should seek their own independent financial advice prior to submitting an entry in the promotion.
28. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using the Eligible Entrant’s name, image and/or statement from a suitable representative of the business in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
29. Any cost associated with accessing the Website is the Eligible Entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
30. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or Fair Trading Act 1986 (NZ).
31. Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter, Participating Stores and any of their employees, agencies and business entities associated with this promotion are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss, expense, damage, (including, but not limited to any, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this promotion or the Prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
32. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. TP/00709; ACT Permit No. TP 21/00090, SA Licence No. T21/73.
If you have any questions or comments regarding these Terms and Conditions please contact us.